Posted by Instagrate to WordPress
- Cartagena. The old city and tourist center, surrounded by walls originally built by the Spanish, is on the right. The newer development is on the left.
- Thanks to @fundacionproyectotiti , we were lucky to find these Cotton-top Tamarin monkeys about an hour out from Cartagena. With only a few thousand left in the wild, only in northwestern Colombia, they are critically endangered.
- On my last full day in Colombia's Santa Marta mountains, the sun hit these hummingbirds at just the right angle.
- Something new for Day 4 in Colombia: the tropics always bring out the most incredible colors in birds. These, called Chlorophonias, were common around our lodge in the Santa Marta mountains.
- Day 3 in Colombia: at sunset, clouds roll across the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, a mountain range on Colombia's northern coast.
- My Tweets